The KCCís Membership of other organizations.
The KCC has a long history of working for refugees. We have been working very closely with the voluntary sector
in general, and with organisations assisting refugees in particular. This working relationship has benefited our
clients in that it has vastly improved the services we provide. We have been playing an active role in the area of
campaigning for the rights of refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and have participated in many conferences on the
plight of refugees in general, and about the violation of human rights where these occur.
Our representatives have been actively involved in some of the following organisations of which the KCC is a member.
- Refugee Council
- Refugee Legal Centre
- London Detainees Support Group
- Lambeth Community Health council
- Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner
- Lambeth Voluntary Action Council
- Detention Advice Service
- Refugee Health Team
- Evelyn Oldfield Unit
- Advice UK
- Legal Services Commission
- Refugee Housing Association
- London refugee Voice
- Safe Haven
Kurdish Partners in various activities :-
- Kurdish Exiles Association
- Kurdish Association
- Kurdish Human Rights Association
- Joint Committee of Kurdish Parties
- Kurdish Womenís Association
- Faili Kurds Association
- Kurdish Housing Association
- Kurdish Community Association
- Kurdish Medical federation
- Kurdish Disability Organisation
- Kirkuk Support Committee
- Turkish Kurdís Community Centre
The Dispersed Communities Project
The KCC helped over the establishment of a Sheffield Kurdish Community Association and recruited a part time officer
to give advice to clients (with assistance from the KCC) over their needs and requirements.
The KCC co-operated with the Liecester Kurdish Community over the planning of their future development,
Business plan, Strategic plan and employment policy etc.
The KCC continued discussing this project with the Baring Foundation but the Plymouth Kurdish community is not yet
well enough organised to start yet.
The KCC has been discussing giving assistance to the Kurdish community in Portsmouth.
- Peterborough. The KCC has recently been considering what it can do to help the Community in
Peterborough which has been undergoing many difficulties.
- Swansea. The Centre has received a request from the community in Swansea for help with their organisation.
Top of page
020 7735 0918